Friday, February 17, 2012

First Fair

Last October, my parents, sister, niece and I went to the Texas State Fair in Dallas. This was a first for Parrish, Ellie, and I. I got lots of great pictures and we had a nice time (despite the fact that it was raining).

I have been working on this layout for over 2 months. It was one that I had to start and stop a lot, because I wanted to do some stitching, but wastn't sure how or where and I found myself putting it on the back burner time and time again.

Finally, I've finished it. I started by crumpling the yellow Cosmo Cricket paper and distressing it a bit. I folded some edges up and stitched all over it with the sewing machine. I printed out some little photos of Ellie enjoying the sights, added a few embellishments and journaling and finally called it done.

First Fair




Supplies: patterned paper - Cosmo Cricket, American Crafts, My Mind's Eye; flags - October Afternoon; chipboard - Dear Lizzy for American Crafts, other - unknown; washi tape - Hambly; letter stickers - American Crafts; stickers - October Afternoon, My Mind's Eye; wood veneer letters - Studio Calico; other - tickets, thread, embroidery floss

Please stop by tomorrow for a new weekly feature that I'm really excited about!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Deedee... it was totally worth the 2 months, don't you think?! I adore this cute page! Such beautiful papers and these stinkin cute pictures.. the sewing is just a beautiful touch

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little mix of papers, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you crumpled the paper and added the tickets! Love Penny Scrap-aholic@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete