Thursday, June 21, 2012

A Baby and a Pair of Glasses

Hi all!  I'm back with another layout.  This one featuring my precious niece, Ellie.  :)

Glasses

Backstory:  My sister (Ellie's mom) wears glasses.  Somehow, Elle got a hold of them and was attempting to put them on.  She couldn't quite get it figured out.


Okay, so there's all kinds of stuff going on in this layout.  I created this little Chevron type design using an alternating mixture of washis and strips of patterned paper.  I did some machine stitching right through the center. 





Meanwhile, I found these little red epoxy stickers I'd had for years and years, so started out using them all over the page for a kind of confetti effect. Weeeelllllll....it looked like I had blood spatters all over the page, so that just wouldn't do! I went back and covered them up (at least partially) with some legitimate confetti. Much better!





Supplies:  patterned paper - Studio Calico, Crate Paper, Bella Boulevard, Lily Bee Designs; stickers - Crate Paper; letter stickers - American Crafts; buttons - Basic Grey; twine - Divine Twine; flag - Elle's Studio; punch - Jenni Bowlin (Fiskars); washi tape - Bazzill, Cosmo Cricket, Amy Tangerine (American Crafts); other - epoxy stickers, confetti

Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment