Saturday, October 20, 2012

Halloween...a One Year Old...a Zoo Trip...and PANCAKES!

Hey everybody out there in the blogosphere.  I have been a horrible, horrible, horrible blogger as of late.  I'm going to try very hard to get my proverbial crappola back together and blog my little heart out this week.

Just so you know what I've been up to:  work....work....work...and more work.  We're only in the second six weeks, but I'm having the kind of year where it feels like it should be May already!  But only five (?) more weeks til a much needed and MUCH anticipated Thanksgiving break!

Well next week is my third favorite holiday:  Halloween.  I have tons of pictures from the past couple of Halloweens to scrapbook, but have only done three.  That's right:  three.  I really need to get a move on, because I have no doubt I'll be adding to my collection when Elle Belle goes trick or treating on that fateful night!  Though, really, I shouldn't feel even slightly bad about that, because her mom hasn't even decided on her costume yet, so.....

Enough chit chat...I actually have the one and only Halloween layout I've done waiting to be shown to you all.  I used Echo Park's new Chillingsworth Manor collection here.  The only addition is some strips of washi tape.

Frighteningly Good Pancakes

In Fort Worth, at the city zoo, they host an event annually around this time called "Boo At the Zoo".  Since Ellie is the one and only child in our entire family, we tend to jump the gun on doing fun "kid" stuff.  So, my mom, my sister (Ellie's mom), Ellie, and I headed out to Boo last October.  We decided to make a day of it and nab some pancakes beforehand at a favorite Fort Worth landmark: Ol' South Pancake House. 

 
I don't own Photoshop or PS Elements or anything fancy.  I use a lot of Instagrammed photos, but these were just SOOC images that I edited a bit in, of all thing, Microsoft Word.  I brightened them up a bit to give them a more filtered look. 

 
Layer upon layer of Halloween yumminess!

 
The sticker behind the journaling card is actually from Basic Grey's Black Dress collection.
 
Supplies:  patterned paper, letter stickers, journaling card - Echo Park; stickers - Echo Park, Basic Grey; tapes - Bazzill, American Crafts, Love My Tapes; ink - Jenni Bowlin
 
Thanks so much for reading!!

5 comments:

  1. Lots of fun layers and embellies...Love the title and the little pot maked elexir.

    ReplyDelete
  2. proverbial crappola <<--- love that. LOL. you did great with the photos. love the look of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great Halloween page, Deedee! I love all of the layers!

    ReplyDelete