Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Silly Titles

 
Good day, everyone! Hope you are having a swell Tuesday!
 
So I am kind of a quirky sort of a girl and I often find that I come up with some pretty silly titles for my layouts.  Which leads me to this...
 
A Lone Photo From Fake Norway
 
I only took this one picture on my 2008 trip to WDW at Epcot's Norway.  It's not real Norway, thus it's fake Norway. 
 
 
 
I used the August kit from Studio Calico (Summer of '69) to create this layout.  Since the kit had a lot of OA's Woodland Park, I threw in some additional elements I had on hand from that collection as well.
 

 
You may notice I used the same Studio Calico patterned paper for my background on this layout as yesterday's layout.

 
I discovered how pleasant doilies can be as a result of using this kit.

 
I really can't abide a naked label, and since my journaling was done directly on the page, I went ahead and stamped onto the tag as an interactive element.

 
I'm a huge fan of OA's Little Flyers and use them on a ton of my layouts.  The butterfly comes from the OA flower sack for the Woodland Park collection.  I can't begin to express my sorrow over the fact that the flower sacks seem to have been discontinued for future collections.  I use them tons.

 
Some more stamping.  Something I need to do much more of considering the vast array of stamps currently in my possession.

 
A close up of that doily and how I used some Prima pearl embellishments to further accentuate it's loveliness!  I also enjoyed using some sequins as confetti on this layout.
 
Supplies:  patterned paper - American Crafts, Basic Grey, October Afternoon, Pebbles, Studio Calico; stamps - Studio Calico; pearl embellishments - Prima;  flag, stickers - October Afternoon; letter stickers - Basic Grey, October Afternoon; die cuts - October Afternoon, Pink Paislee/College Press; other - tag, flair, sequins
 
Thanks so much for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. Great page, Deedee! The sequins are a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...love your title! Pretty page with all those layers of paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your layering is amazing! Love this page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the delicate misting colours on the background paper! Very prety

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely! I love all the sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this page...the misting and sequins are awesome.

    ReplyDelete