Monday, December 17, 2012

Fake Tattoos

In the olden days of my blogdom (just over a year ago now), I would randomly through a variety layouts up here in one post and leave a few little comments and be done with it.  Well, as my blogging style has matured ever so slightly, I like to zoom in on one specific layout and the inspiration or design therein.  However, I'm going to break from that today in order to showcase TWO...that's right, TWO layouts that I absolutely love. 
I had a bunch of photos I took this past summer when visiting my girlfriend in Ireland of a particular evening when we were just hanging out and for some reason I got a bee in my bonnet to tattoo her and give her a sleeve.  Okay, so I'm not a tattoo artist, nor did I have any tattooing equipment on my person...and frankly, I can't draw to save my life....but I am persistent!  and stubborn!  So I took a handy ball point pen and went to work.  And you know...I have to say, I'm very impressed with the fruits of my labor.  No....impressed doesn't go far enough.  STARTLED....completely startled at my fake tattooing prowess.  (I'm lying).

I Am the Most Amazing Fake Tattoo Artist EVER!

A layout created specifically to brag about my mad (fake) tattooing skills.  That skull and crossbones are pretty badass, dontcha think?


 
A washi border, some splatters, some awesome retro stickers...what more could a girl want?
 


I'm pretty obsessed with these chipboard alphas we've been getting in the Studio Calico kits lately.  They are made by Basic Grey and they are totally wicked.  Love them!  I also thought this little boy button looked cute here.  I have one niece, a sister, a mom, a girlfriend, and all the men in my current life are adults, so I thought this use of it was pretty apt!

 
It's taken me awhile to jump on the speech bubble train, but I've been using them a ton as of late!

 
Love wood veneers and love glassine bags from Whisker Graphics. 
 
Supplies:  patterned paper - Studio Calico; die cuts, wood veneer, stickers, mists - Studio Calico; brad - Jenni Bowlin; glassine bag - Whisker Graphics; ribbon - The Girls Paperie; letter stickers - Basic Grey, Jenni Bowlin; tape - Freckled Fawn; other - tag


Ink

...And I had some more photos that really needed a scrapbook home, so I created this one focusing slightly more on Lisa and how good she looks with tatts.  hehe

 
More Studio Calico wood veneers, some Soho Garden Paper from AC and Sasparilla from OA!

 
Evalicious is one of my new favorite brands:  the "Love this" tag.




Supplies: patterned paper - American Crafts, October Afternoon; tapes - Cosmo Cricket, Freckled Fawn, October Afternoon, Studio Calico; wood veneer - Studio Calico; flair badge - A Flair For Buttons; die cuts - Evalicious, October Afternoon; envelope - Basic Grey; spray inks - Studio Calico; letter stickers - American Crafts

Thanks for reading!

3 comments: