Saturday, October 22, 2011


I am one of those people that tends to start a blog and never really can seem to keep up with it once I start it, but hopefully this time will be different. I'm an avid scrapbooker and have been for well over 10 years now. I have gone through phases over the years of scrapbooking constantly and not doing anything for months. I had a year or two where I really didn't pick any of it up and had previously accumulated a massive stash of supplies, most of which are "outdated" now, but I still try to make use of them. My problem, you see, is that I get new stuff and horde it for later on and by the time I come back to it, it's no longer in fashion. So my goal from now on is to use up my newer stuff first so I can still enjoy it before it's deemed untrendy. :)

Meanwhile, you will probably see lots of things on this little blog that are outdated and in many cases, no longer even available, but I will do my best to list supplies and where they came from and link them up if they still are out there in the world.

So, now...for your viewing pleasure: I made this tag today for a zoo layout I did that desperately needed some embellishment. I have a hard time creating things from scratch or jazzing things up, but I feel like I did a mighty fine job with this one.

Being broke and just recently catching on to this new phenomena of mists, I decided to try making my own. I mixed equal parts blue and yellow acrylic paint (and I currently have no green somehow) with 4 parts warts in a small misting bottle. I don’t think this works well as a mist because I am pretty sure the paint clogged the pump. So, basically, I improvised and dipped the straw of the pump into the mixture and pushed down on the pump to kind of create a reverse misting effect. In any event, I really like the way it turned out. I then used a dot stamp to create the diagonal lines across the tag. The stamp was from an old Scrapgoods kit (they no longer exist, sadly) and the ink was Ancient Page in melon. I then used black ink and letter stamps to stamp my title. I thought I was going to have to wait til the “mist” dried, but being impatient, I ended up going right ahead with the next two steps and it turned out pretty well.

"Misting" and inking finished...

Completed with a tie thingy...