Saturday, March 24, 2012

SKETCH ADVENTURE SATURDAY Volume 6

Hey kids! It's been a crazy hectic week, so just haven't gotten around to posting until today!

This week's sketch..another collaboration between me and Lisa.



And for your viewing pleasure:

Ellie & Kitty

My niece has developed a recent attachment to Hello Kitty. These pictures were taken last fall after she and her mom happened upon this Jack-O-Lantern Kitty at a store. She loved it up to bits! That's my beautiful mom (her Grammy) giving her a cuddle in the picture.

I started out misting my background with Mister Huey's Pumpkin Spice and Heirloom Blue. I edged all the paper pieces, including the background with the new Hero Arts Shadow Dye Ink in Butter Bar. I'm thrilled to say I recently won a prize pack from Two Peas in a Bucket during their Winter CHA activities and this was one of my prizes. I've used it to death! I love it's subtle richness (is that an oxymoron???) In any event, it's made me curious to try out some of their other inks.

I'm typically not a "match my photos to the paper" kind of scrapper, but I did go with this a bit, simply because Ellie and my mom happened to be wearing such nice matching shades of teal. :)









Supplies: patterned paper - Crate Paper, My Mind's Eye, Studio Calico, Pebbles; stickers - Jenni Bowlin, Fancy Pants Designs, Dear Lizzy (American Crafts); flowers - American Crafts, October Afternoon; ink - Hero Arts; spray mist - Studio Calico; tin pin - October Afternoon; felt flower - Jillibean Soup; text flags - My Mind's Eye, October Afternoon

I have several things planned for this week and next week's Sketch Adventure Saturday will be a day late on Sunday, April 1. And that's no April Fool's Joke either, folks!

Thanks for reading and commenting! The positive feedback I have received thus far makes my day each and everyday! Happy Weekend!

3 comments: