Friday, November 25, 2011

It's the Holiday Season

Howdy folks! I've been busy working on projects for challenges over at Two Peas in a Bucket and wanted to get them all done before posting them in here. Up first...something I rarely do...cardmaking:

Merry Christmas

This one was made with Echo Park's Season's Greetings collection (and some red twine - my new favorite thing!! twine!!!!!! by Doodlebug) It was a pretty quick little project.



Pizza Planet

Is it just me or does this happen to everyone? You either have a fantastic idea for a layout and when you get it all done, it doesn't seem nearly as impressive as it did in your mind? Or....and this is much, much better than the first option....you have absolutely no idea what you are doing with a layout, think it's going to be totally lame, and when it finally all comes together, you are taken aback by your own genius????

Usually it is Option A for me...but I really wasn't sure how this next one was going to turn out and overall, I don't think it is too shabby at all. This one was for a challenge posted by Jen Chesnick in which you were to use tags. I always think tags look cool, but don't usually have any idea how to incorporate them on my stuff, so was pretty impressed with myself when I put it all together.



I used all kinds of goodies for this one: corrugated alpha - Jillibean Soup; letter stickers - October Afternoon; patterned paper - Cosmo Cricket, October Afternoon, Lily Bee Designs, Jenni Bowlin; twine - Doodlebug Designs; stamp - Lily Bee Designs; ink - Jenni Bowlin; tape - 7 Gypsies; flower punch - unknown.

So Thankful

This one was for a color challenge. I have a fairly new found fascination with using circles or partial circles on my layout, so this one was pretty fun.
I also actually pulled out an older paper from my stash by Scenic Route. This is something I haven't done in awhile, because I'm trying to use up my newer stuff first while it is still trendy. I was glad to find something older that I really liked and that fit in with the challenge's color scheme.



Supplies: patterned paper - Basic Grey; Scenic Route, October Afternoon; letter stickers - October Afternoon; stickers, buttons - Basic Grey; twine - Doodlebug Designs

The Adventures of Ellie

I think of all six challenges and their outcomes, this one was my favorite. This was a scraplift challenge and my inspiration was this amazing layout by Jen Jockisch. I've been making use of my printer and photo paper to actually print out my own photos this past week. Who'd have thunk it??? I've never had very good results in the past with photo printing, so have always gone the old fashioned (relatively speaking) route and used a photo service for all my photo printing needs. I think those days are officially behind me. I say all that to say this: I was very excited with how the two pictures of My Musher came out when I printed them. They kind of remind me of a photo strip, so that makes me happy.



Supplies: patterned paper - October Afternoon, Basic Grey, Crate Paper, Lily Bee Designs; brads - Making Memories; die cut frame - Crate Paper; butterflies - Pebbles; stickers - October Afternoon & Crate Paper; letter stickers - Basic Grey & October Afternoon; twine - Doodlebug Designs

Christmas Goodies

Another fun challenge - this time about food. I love taking pictures of food. I have pictures of food I've made for dinners, pictures of food from vacations, and pictures of Christmas treats that I bake, so this was a great way for me to highlight the stuff I baked up last Christmas.



Supplies: patterned paper, chipboard stickers, border stickers - Echo Park; letter stickers - Echo Park & Authentique; twine - Doodlebug Designs

It Is the Little Things That Mean So Much

I used my Instagram app on my IPhone to take and alter these pictures. I was super excited about discovering this thing. Thank you, Kelly Purkey, one of my scrapbooking heroes! I used an ampersand mask, spritzed my paper with spray ink by October Afternoon, and outlined it by handstitching with white floss.




Supplies: patterned paper - October Afternoon; ampersand mask - Studio Calico; letter stickers - American Crafts & October Afternoon; butterfly - Jenni Bowlin; tab sticker - October Afternoon; brads - Basic Grey, Echo Park; spray ink - October Afternoon; floss - DMC

That's it for today. I'm going to be busy working on a top secret project for my girlfriend, which obviously I will not be posting here for secrecy's sake. I will also be beginning my December Daily next week - whooo hoooo! - and hope to post updates to that every couple of days. Meanwhile, I will try and get a couple more projects done and uploaded for your viewing pleasure by the end of the weekend. Thanks for reading!

1 comment: