Sunday, December 4, 2011

December Daily - December 2


Friday was such a busy day! After work, I met up with my family for dinner and fun night at Six Flags’ Holiday in the Park. I also included a family tradition that was started up again when I came home. We have a toy that is kind of like “Elf on the Shelf” for us (though we started it long before any of us had heard of Elf on a Shelf) where we randomly put “Toby” our wonder toy somewhere unexpected. I came home Friday night to find Toby taking a snooze in my bed, so of course, he and his story had to be included. I printed the title on a regular old office-ink jet printer-transparency. I attached it with a couple of staples and a paper clip before attaching the day 2 tab to the transparency itself. The number sticker is from Echo Park and the tab – another one of my SEI oldies from several years ago.




I used some hidden journaling for the Toby story for a couple of reasons. I attached the journaling on the other side of the craft paper with some Hambly washi tape and a couple of staples. Also on this page, a picture of Ellie in a cute little swing ride she got to ride on all by herself! All the chipboard elements and the “Christmas” cut out are from Echo Park. The border sticker and patterned paper on this page are Cosmo Cricket.









I had a lot of journaling to include, so I added a piece of cream colored cardstock (that I sprayed with the same Mr. Huey’s holly berry as Thursday’s page…I see a trend forming throughout this project). The front side is the story of a very eventful and awkward visit to Santaland at Six Flags. I included some stickers from echo Park and October Afternoon, as well as another one of the Pebbles buttons.








The back of this page is the overview of our evening. I included some little pictures, because I like the way they look. I used some border stickers from Cosmo Cricket and more Pebbles buttons to fill out the side of the page.




Finally! The last page for December 2…I can’t believe how much I added to this book just for this day. A bunch of pictures from Holiday in the Park. I was able to use the cute little tickets from the SC kit and really like the way it looks. All the other accents and stickers are from Echo Park, with the exception of the number sticker and the twine. The twine is Doodlebug and if my brain doesn’t fail me, the number sticker is an oldie from Basic Grey. Oldie as in first line they put out back in the early 2000s.






I really like how these pages turned out, even though they took me a lot longer than I would have liked to complete, but it was definitely worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Great pages! Toby is too cute! Look forward to seeing more DD pages. :-)

    ReplyDelete