Saturday, December 17, 2011

December Daily - December 7

Hi! My girlfriend got in from Ireland on Wednesday, so we've been busy with family and holiday stuff and I haven't had a chance to post! Finally, here's Day 7 for your viewing pleasure:

I decided to highlight my Christmas village collection on the 7th. I have mentioned before that I have several paper bag pages throughout the daily and I'm keeping little trinkets and whatnot in those. This one contains a Starbucks coffee cup sleeve and a little list that I'm listing the pieces of my village on.




I used decorative tape to kind of bind the bag to itself, making it more of a pocket sized opening, rather than a full on bag opening. This seems to keep things in there a little better, instead of them falling out.







I got the Merry & Bright stamp in my last Studio Calico kit and just in time. I also did a little faux stitch border around the edges of the second page just to add more interest. I used my old Zig pen in Blue Jay.




supplies: patterned paper - Cosmo Cricket, Echo Park; stickers - Echo Park, October Afternoon, American Crafts, SEI stamp - Studio Calico, twine - Doodlebug Design, coaster - Red Bird Inkfloss - DMC, other - paper bag, decorative tape, ribbon

I'm only done through December 9, peeps...I'm still taking pictures and keeping track of the days, but I won't have a chance to really work on anything again until January and at that time, I'll post the remainder of my DD in a chunk or two.

I'm really loving how the whole thing is coming together! It makes my heart smile. Here's a couple of shots of how chunky this little book is getting. It will also give you a little insight as to where I take my blog photos! hehe






I will post December 8 when I get another chance.

Thanks for reading and commenting!

2 comments:

  1. Love how your DD is coming out! Great idea with the bags. Hope you have a Merry Christmas and can finish up your book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is coming along so beautifully. After seeing yours, I decided that next year I will have to try making my own. I love how eclectic yours is.

    ReplyDelete