Friday, January 4, 2013

My 101st Post!

Wow...I can't believe I've surpassed the 100 mark.  I'm pretty impressed with myself, as one who lacks stick-to-it-iveness, I've done pretty well with this little blog of mine over the past year and handful of weeks! 

I have another new layout to share today.  This one I created from bits and pieces of different collections...leftovers of various Studio Calico kits and things from my stash.

One more thing I have to mention.  I have read lots of reviews of Persnickety Prints, so decided to get a bunch of my Instagram photos developed through them as I haven't been happy with the quality of the prints I have coming from my at home printer.  This is the first photo I've scrapped from that order, which I just received Wednesday.  And WOW...I am absolutely in love with the qualit of these prints.  They're fantastic and I will use them again and again.  The prices are reasonable, but even better than that, the shipping is sooooooo much more reasonably priced than say some of the other photo processors out there. 

You Make Me Laugh

I realized after I uploaded this layout that I had another recent layout about Lisa with the same title!  I guess I need help in the coming up with creative titles department.

 
I think I've mentioned before how much I adore the Darling Dear collection from Studio Calico.  The background paper from that collection was my jumping off point.  I knew I wanted lots of pops of color to balance out the neutrals in the photo as well as the black and white of the background.  These are my favorite kinds of layouts - crazy, messy, and full of color!

 
I've had the hardest time finding ways to use these stencil cards from Fancy Pants, but this came together pretty well.




Supplies:  patterned paper - Basic Grey, Echo Park, Fancy Pants, Lily Bee Design, October Afternoon, Studio Calico; stickers - Echo Park, October Afternoon; tapes - American Crafts, Bazzill, Freckled Fawn, October Afternoon; die cut card - Fancy Pants Designs; flair badge - Studio Calico; flag - October Afternoon; wood veneer - Freckled Fawn; button flower - Bella Boulevard; other - brads

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Another great page, Deedee! You're layering is awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your post count! It can be hard to keep up with. You are doing great. Adorable layout - love the speech bubble background. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful layout, love the layering and how you used the stencils! Cute photo too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable page! And I love the photo, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute page, love how you did the title :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats on your 101st post ! love your layout with the dark background

    ReplyDelete