Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Challenge at Sketches With Color

Hey all!  We have a new challenge up at the Sketches With Color blog.  This time in addition to the color combo and sketch, we're asking that you include a handmade banner on your layout.

The sketch & color combination:






Driving Tour

 
I really loved the muted tones of this color combination and how well they worked with this photo I took while we drove the Ring of Kerry in Summer 2011.


I had a ton of embellies that worked really well with the colors.


My approach to the banner was a little different.  I used strips of washi tape to create a very subtle banner behind my title.
 
 
Supplies:  patterned paper - Lily Bee Design, October Afternoon, Studio Calico; journaling spot, letter stickers - American Crafts; flair badge -  Evalicious;  die cut, wood veneer - Studio Calico; spray ink - October Afternoon;  washi tape - Bazzill (grid with flourishes), unknown (triangles, measuring tape); circle sticker - Crate Paper; Other - doily
 
Thanks so much for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Deedee

    Your page was a charm ... I loved it!

    Happy 2013 ... it is a year of many joys!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your take on the sketch, Deedee. Wonderful colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this LO. Great colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The inspiration colours are gorgeous. I love your muted banner, that's a great idea! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous take on the sketch~gorgeous work!!!

    ReplyDelete